OneUP is a self-inflating portable life preserver that automatically activates when in contact with water. One of the main advantages it presents, compared to other rescue devices, is its small size.
This horseshoe-shaped device is the ultimate solution to reduce one of the leading causes of death in the world, drowning. In addition, it can be used by both children and adults up to 150 kilos.
Lightweight and compact, both features allow it to be easily transported and its dimensions aren’t a problem. Its low weight makes it very easy to use, so much that it can be used from 30 meters away in an emergency situation. This fact favors that the rescuer can operate safely during the rescue maneuver.
Our life ring is 100% recyclable. In OneUP, we care about the environment and the extreme situations of the oceans, both environmentally and humanitarian. Initiatives like this one show the commitment of the people who is behind OneUP and the people who have decided to join us on this trip. Be an OneUPER.
This is the internal structure of our device:
- Pressurized bottle to 110 Newton that contains 24 gr of CO2. It works as a OneUP’s gas pump and inflates the device in less than 2 seconds.
- Valved designed to run the pressurized gas that is inside the ring. It keeps the gas inside the bottle, so the float stays inflated for weeks.
- Main body composed by a central axis which collects all the OneUP’s components as a single mechanism.
- Sensor which has a capsule inside that dissolves when in contact with water. This chain reaction starts the float deployment.
- Scratch and weather resistant fabric.